What Are You Feeding Your Skin?
You've probably heard the health warning “Watch what you eat” because what you put in your mouth directly affects your body chemistry and how smoothly it functions. But did you know that what you put on your skin, hair and nails affects your body chemistry too?
You'll be surprised at the amount of toxins that can enter your body through your skin, especially through cumulative, daily exposure to toxic ingredients found in modern beauty products such as shampoo, cosmetics and lotions. Women are especially at high risk of this kind of toxic overload. If you use make-up on a daily basis, for instance, you can absorb almost 5 pounds of chemicals into your body each year!
These chemicals can cause hormonal imbalance, fatigue, headaches, digestive upsets, flu-like symptoms, and aching joints, which are just some of the symptoms of toxic overload. If you want to avoid the dangers of toxic overload and equip yourself to make smarter choices when it comes to using beauty products, just download this FREE report - YOUR PERSONAL CARE PRODUCT BIN: BOTANICAL BONANZA OR TOXIC WASTELAND? You will get answers to pressing questions such as:
- How can I tell if my personal care products have toxic ingredients?
- Are products that are labeled “organic” or “natural” really safe?
- What are some natural ways to keep my skin looking young and beautiful?
- Should I be concerned about “gentle” baby products as well?
The report will show you which ingredients you should watch out for when buying
- Hand and body soaps
- Body washes
- Shampoos, conditioners, hairsprays and other hair care products
- Hair dye
- Cosmetics such as lipstick, mascara, eye shadow, foundation, etc.
- Deodorants and antiperspirants
- Baby care products, including diaper rash creams
- Sunscreen products
Beautiful on the Outside but NOT on the Inside
Before you slather on that luxuriously scented cream, take a closer look at what’s IN it. READ THE LABEL. After all, before you buy food from the grocery, you take time to pore over every single ingredient and even count the calories! If you truly care about your total health, shouldn't you be as zealous about the ingredients that go into personal products for your skin and hair? Remember, what you put on your skin affects the totality of your body’s equilibrium.
So what's in your personal care products that could seep through the protective barrier of your skin to cause long term health damage? These are the top 3 culprits:
- Endocrine disruptors - any substance that could alter your natural hormones
- Phthalates - plasticizing ingredients that have been linked to birth defects and low sperm count in men
- Parabens - substances in personal care products like shampoos, soaps and underarm deodorants that mimic estrogen
These are just a few alarming substances found in your personal care products, whose damage may accumulate over time and cause you to wake up one, fine morning with a health problem that you didn't see coming.
What about Cosmetic Regulations?!
Just because it's on the shelf, doesn't mean it is safe. It will most probably disturb you to know that:
- Fifty four percent of the personal care products violate safety recommendations.
- Nearly 70% of all products reviewed were found to have products tainted with impurities that may be linked to cancer and other health problems.
- Over the course of monitoring the cosmetics industry, the FDA has banned a mere 9 personal care products!
It pays to know that when it comes to your health, YOU should be the most vigilant. Your total health is in your hands and the information on how to avoid adding to your toxic load is just a convenient click away.