It was the ancient Roman philosopher, Lucretius who observed the profound truth that "what is food for one man may be fierce poison to others."
That was over 2000 years ago. Unfortunately, nobody has taken much notice of his advice because nearly all of the dietary recommendations you read or hear about today promote a single regimen or approach as being ideal or appropriate for everyone.
For instance, tens of thousands of books have been written on dieting and nutrition in the past 100 years, each one with its own principles and teachings. Sometimes these diets seem to work, other times not. And often they help one person but are devastating to another.
How I Ended Up Thin, Wiry, Weak and a Victim of Type II Diabetes
Let me tell you my story. My mane name is Dr. Joseph Mercola and like many Americans, as a child I had terrible nutrition, relying on highly processed meals which could be heated up long after my mother had gone to work. Funnily enough, I remember seeing one of my friends in college eating a raw pepper, and was aghast as I thought he would surely get sick. I really was clueless.
But when I started studying medicine at the University of Illinois, I began to explore the importance of nutrition, looking into....
- Nathan Pritikin who convinced me of the importance of a diet that was
high in carbohydrates and fiber and low in fat and protein.
- Fit for Life by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond which recommended different
food combinations and eating only fresh fruit prior to 12pm.
I was disciplined in following their guidelines. But the problem was while I thought I was being good I was actually being bad because while these diets may have worked perfectly for others, they worsened my health because they weren't designed for my unique genetics and specific biochemistry, otherwise known as my nutritional type
Q: Why do people try diet after diet after diet and continually fail to lose weight?
A: They're Not Eating According to Their Nutritional Type
If you're not happy with your weight, don't beat up on yourself for lacking willpower, being lazy or anything like that. And don't throw your arms up in despair and resign yourself to it with excuses like being "big boned" or "it's in the family."
The reality is you probably just don't understand how to eat for your body type because when you faithfully practice eating the way nature wants you to, your digestive and metabolic efficiency improves dramatically. This is indicated by:
- Improved meal satisfaction (and with smaller portions of food)
- No need for snacks in between meals
- No more food cravings
That's why my free report "Discover the Magic of Nutritional Typing" can help you get back the lean, healthy, beautifully attractive body of your dreams. No matter how many times you've tried and failed in the past. No matter how hopeless it seems, it becomes so much easier to melt away your excess weight when you are working with nature rather than against it.
There Is No Perfect Diet for Everyone
While Fit for Life, Pritikin, the South Beach Diet, Atkins, the Zone Diet and the myriad of other nutritional programs available today may help some people some of the time, the reality is the one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition and dieting is not only wrong - it's dangerous.
And that's why I have invested so many hours researching nutritional typing. It's also why I have just created a free report which tells you everything you ever wanted to know about finding the nutritional program that's right for you. The nutritional program that increases your energy levels... ensures you enjoy optimal health... stops your cravings in their tracks... and allows you to naturally attain the lean, healthy, beautifully attractive body of your dreams.
If you have ever suffered from low energy levels, aches and pains, problems getting to sleep, feeling down or depressed, headaches, muscle tension, high blood pressure, type II diabetes, indigestion, ulcers or a rapid heartbeat, then I urge you to enter your name and email address into the box above.
Every word is true and it has taken me over two decades of "trial and error" (both with myself and hundreds of my patients) to uncover the little known insights you'll discover in the report.
Here's what you'll discover inside...
- When taking supplements, being a vegetarian or drinking fresh, organic vegetable juice can be dangerous to your health (ignore this warning at your own risk)
- The quickest, easiest, most foolproof way to get rid of food cravings, the need for snacks between meals and how to increase your meal satisfaction
- The two most important principles of nutrition most experts don't tell you about (because in many cases they don't understand)
- Did you know the order in which you eat your food is equally important as what you eat? Here's how to structure your meals. It's quick and easy to do, but it works
- How can you tell if you are eating right for your nutritional type? This simple 1 minute checklist will give you the answer
- How to lose weight and eliminate your food cravings without counting calories... without weighing your food... without having to worry about how much you are eating
- The seven little known principles to eating right for your nutritional type (this checklist walks you through exactly what you need to do step-by-step)
- The problem with the one-size-fits-all approach to dieting and nutrition (the Zone diet, Atkins, South Beach Diet and Pritikin might work for some people. But that does NOT mean they will necessarily work for you)
- Sneaky little cooking secrets that will allow you to get far more nutritional value out of your food than you do now
- Case Study: How one woman overcame diabetes with a HIGH CARB diet (and why this same diet could make another person worse)
- The quickest, easiest way to identify your nutritional type (forget all the diet and nutrition books. The simplest and easiest way to restore your energy, improve your health and lose weight is through this quick and easy exercise)
Tens of thousands of books have been written about dieting and nutrition in the past 100 years. And if you've tried diet after diet after diet and still been unable to enjoy the health, energy levels and desired weight you want, it's probably NOT YOUR FAULT. It's just that nobody has shown you how to identify your nutritional type, increase your meal satisfaction, say goodbye to cravings and enjoy optimal health.
So don't blame yourself. The world of nutrition and dieting is full of recommendations that promote a single regimen or approach as being ideal or appropriate for everyone who applies it. And IT'S SIMPLY NOT TRUE.